Golf Ball Drop Rules & Regulations
- A maximum of 4,000 golf ball tickets will be sold. Ticket purchasers must be 19 years of age or more and be in BC to purchase. If a winning ticket bears a minor’s name the prize will be lawfully delivered on behalf of the minor to the minor’s parent, legal guardian or trustee.
- Each ticket sold will be numbered. The Winners will again be notified by phone by a Rotary Club of Nanaimo North Official within two days of the event and payment will be made within one week of the event. A list of prizes and winners will on this website, or can be obtained by contacting the Rotary Club of Nanaimo North, P.O. Box 223, Nanaimo, B.C. V9R 5K9 or by email to email@example.com
- Golf ball tickets can only be purchased online at https://www.rotarynorth.ca
- By purchasing a ticket, purchasers release the Rotary Club of Nanaimo North and its officers, directors and staff, and other related entities from any and all liability with respect to prizes.
- By entering, winners consent to the publication and use of their name, address and likeness for advertising, promotion and publicity purposes without additional compensation. No substitutions, cash equivalent prizes, transfers or exchange of prizes will be provided in lieu of prizes.
- This event is subject to BC Lottery Corporation Rules, Gaming License # 127419
- Odds of winning depend on the total number of Golf Ball Drop tickets sold. A maximum of 4,000 tickets will be sold. Unsold tickets numbers will not be entered into the draw.
- All decisions of the organizing committee are final and binding on all matters relating to the Golf Ball Drop and awarding of prizes. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by the official rules and to release the Rotary Club of Nanaimo North and the organizing committee, its agents and respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, loss or damage arising out of their participation in the Golf Ball Drop or with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize.
- There are three separate cash prizes, First Prize is $2000.00. Second Prize is $1000.00. The Third Prize is $500.00. Each prize will have its own corresponding target. There will be three distinct targets which will be labeled as 1, 2 and 3 which will correspond to the first, second and third prizes. The golf target will be a pin located on the putting green. Pins will be located at least 8 feet apart.
- The Golf Ball Drop will take place at the Nanaimo Golf Club on Saturday, March 27, 2021 at 2 PM. The total number of numbered balls sold will be dropped at 2 PM from a City of Nanaimo Extension Ladder Fire Truck onto the target area from a height of no less than 18 feet. The numbered ball that lands closest to each golf flag is the winner of that respective target prize. If a Tie occurs, a measurement will be made by three Rotary Club of Nanaimo North Officials using a measuring tape to determine the numbered golf ball closest to the golf flag. The measurement will be made from the edge of the numbered golf ball closest to the respective prize golf flag, to the edge of the respective prize golf flag closest to the numbered golf ball being measured. If the distance between all the numbered golf balls being measured is the same length, a Tie will be declared, and the Prize for that respective target will be split evenly amongst all the winners. The same measuring process will be done for all the targets. All winners will be announced as the event takes place, starting with the Third Prize, then Second Prize and finally First Prize.
Know your limit, play within it.19+ to play!
Problem Gambling Help Line 1-888-795-6111